Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 8:00 pm ET
Applications must include:
- A corporate profile
- Producer profile
- Showrunner profile (if applicable)
- A one sheet concept for the proposed project to be pitched
- A statement of the rationale for appropriateness of the project to the US marketplace
- Link(s) (FTPs, YouTube or similar sites) to sizzle reel, trailer and/or pilot (if available)
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated track record of the key creative team, in particular the producer and the showrunner. Projects with attached showrunners will receive preferential consideration as selected producers should be accompanied by their showrunner during the pitch session in L.A.; and,
- Commercial viability of the proposed project and its demonstrated appropriateness for the US marketplace.
Applications are open to all Canadian production companies but preference will be given to CMPA members.
A Selection Committee will choose up to 10 Canadian producers whose projects have the strongest potential for pre‐sale and are most ready to present and move forward, if greenlit.
Producers selected for meetings by the Development Executives will be notified the week of July 16, 2018.
Pre-Sale Pitch Sessions in Los Angeles
Up to ten (10) established Canadian independent producers with strong television and feature film proposals will be invited to pitch to senior Development Executives from major US broadcast and cable networks, and streaming services during a three-day session held between August 21 – 23 in Los Angeles.
Participating producers will also take part in a pitching preparedness webinar and in one-on-one pitching feedback sessions with Carole Kirschner (Director, WGA Showrunner Training Program & CBS Diversity Writers Mentoring Program, and previously a development executive at CBS and VP of Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment Television).
All established Canadian production companies are invited to apply but preference will be given to CMPA members.
Financial assistance of up to $1,300 or 50% of real costs (whichever amount is less) will be available to selected CMPA member participants to help offset a portion of their travel and accommodation expenses. Selected non-CMPA members will only be eligible to receive provincial funding support. All selected participants are responsible for any additional funds required to cover accommodation, meals and ground transportation, and will also be responsible for their own travel arrangements.