Writers Room at Prime Time
About the program
The Writers Room at Prime Time aims to give professionals with an interest in the business and craft of screenwriting valuable knowledge and tools to get their idea from the page to the screen.
It will consist of three one-hour practical how-to sessions, all taking place on January 30 and 31 concurrent to other Prime Time 2020 programming:
SESSION 1: HOW TO SELL YOURSELF AS A WRITER
Hosted by screenwriter/director/producer and Pacific Screenwriting Program showrunner Robert C. Cooper (Unspeakable, Dark Matter, Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Stargate).
SESSION 2: HOW TO PACKAGE YOUR PROJECT
Hosted by actor/director/producer Jennifer Morrison (Euphoria, Sun Dogs, Glee) who has also starred in This Is Us, Once Upon a Time and House.
SESSION 3: HOW TO PITCH YOUR GREAT IDEA
A chance to meet with producers and broadcasters to gain a deeper understanding of how to build a productive and collaborative working relationship that will help your great idea to the screen.
- You do not need to be registered for Prime Time 2020 to apply; however, the Writers Room at Prime Time is only accessible to Prime Time delegates. As such, if you are selected to take part in the program and are not yet for registered for Prime Time 2020, you will need do so within 48 hours of being notified.
- The program is open to any professional working in the Canadian screen-based production sector. It is not limited to screenwriters.
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Selected participants must be present for all three sessions, all of which will take onsite at Prime Time 2020, on January 30 and 31.
How to apply
In order to apply, fill out and submit the application form below. Please note that as part of your application, you will need to attach:
- A letter of intent detailing why you would like to join this program and how it would help advance your career and/or your next project
- A résumé detailing your experience and previous credits
The deadline to apply is January 6, 2020 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT.
- The participants will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of executives from the Pacific Screenwriting Program, BRON Studios and the CMPA.
- Those selected will be notified by January 10, 2020.
- As detailed above, all those selected who are not yet registered for Prime Time 2020 must register for the conference within 48 hours of being notified. If you have not registered within the 48-hour timeframe, your slot may be offered to another applicant.