Prime Time Throwdown
About the program
The Prime Time Throwdown is back for 2020! This year, four finalists will be selected to take the stage and pitch their projects for chance to win up to $35,000 in in-kind post-production and marketing services from Stamp Audio and Innovate by Day for their project. All four finalists will also receive free passes to Prime Time!
The application and selection process will be focused on the primary criteria of innovative and immersive cross-platform strategies for audience engagement, audience building and marketing.
- Only the lead producer on the project or producing team (maximum 2) may apply.
- The applicant(s) must be able to demonstrate in their application that the project being pitched will be going into production within the next nine months from the date of the pitch (e.g., assurance of financing), or that the project is currently in production of at the package stage. Completed projects are not eligible.
- Special consideration will be given for applications that demonstrate inclusion and diversity within teams, subject matter, crew and/or talent.
- The project can be a feature, TV series or digital series.
- The applicant(s) must be willing to travel to Prime Time in Ottawa in person to be eligible and cover their own travel and accommodation.
How to apply
In order to apply, fill out and submit the application form below. Please note that as part of your application, you will need to attach:
- A project outline including details about your project, proof of assurance of funding, proof of packaging, key cast & crew members, and any partnered brands, if applicable.
- A post-production plan including budget, timeline, and any post-production houses currently under contract for the project.
- A marketing plan with budget, including a discussion of the target audience (who and why), and proposed multi-platform audience engagement/building strategy that can be achieved given the available budget level.
- Bios of key production team members, and brief history of experience working on similar campaigns.
The deadline to apply is January 6, 2020 at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT.
- The participants will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of executives from the Pacific Screenwriting Program, BRON Studios and the CMPA.
- Those selected will be notified by January 10, 2020.
- As detailed above, all those selected who are not yet registered for Prime Time 2020 must register for the conference within 48 hours of being notified. If you have not registered within the 48-hour timeframe, your slot may be offered to another applicant.