Indiescreen Awards application
Which award category are you applying for?
(if you’ve produced three of more feature films)
(if you’ve produced two or fewer feature films)
Applicant(s) must apply with one “qualifying film.” A qualifying film must:
- Be a CAVCO-certified Canadian film (in the case of co-productions, the film must be a majority Canadian production);
- Have premiered in a film festival or on an online streaming service in the 2020 calendar year; and
- Have a runtime of at least 60 minutes.
Only the lead producer (or producing team) may apply.
A film cannot be submitted more than once, meaning it cannot be submitted in both the established and emerging categories.
The applicant producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
Previous winners of the Established Producer Award (or the CMPA Feature Film Producer Award) are welcome to reapply five years after their award win. Emerging Producer Award winners may apply again after three years.
The Established Producer Award, presented annually since 2006, recognizes a Canadian independent feature film producer’s body of work, as well as their contribution toward defining the reputation of Canadian cinema on the world stage.
- Producers wishing to apply for the Established Producer Award as a team must have produced at least three feature films over the course of their career. This includes their qualifying film.
- In the event that a producing team wishes to apply together, the team must have made at least three features films together. Otherwise, the team must choose one producer to submit an application as lead producer.
The Emerging Producer Award, renamed the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award, was added to the CMPA awards program in 2016 to highlight the extraordinary talents of an up-and-coming producer with bright career prospects.
- Producers wishing to apply for the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award must have produced two feature films or fewer over the course of their career. This includes their qualifying film.
Applicants are not required to be CMPA members.