Prime Time 2016 adds co-production experts, digital innovators & international marketplace trailblazers
OTTAWA, December 2, 2015—The Canadian Media Production Association (CMPA) is pleased to announce new speakers added to the stellar line up for Prime Time in Ottawa 2016, which will take place February 3 to 5 at The Westin in Ottawa.
From Canadian media leaders and co-production experts, innovators in digital platforms and storytelling, to international marketplace trailblazers and specialists of brand-funded entertainment, Prime Time’s speaker roster now includes:
- Mary Ann Turcke, President, Bell Media;
- Christian Rank, Executive Producer, TV2;
- Christine Shipton, Senior VP and Chief Creative Officer, Shaw Media;
- Christina Jennings, Chairman and CEO, Shaftesbury/Smokebomb;
- Jay Bennett, Senior VP, Creative and Innovation, Shaftesbury/Smokebomb;
- Steve DeNure, President and COO, DHX;
- Stuart Garvie, President, Media Sales, Bell Media;
- Lisa Godfrey, Head of Original Content, Shaw Media;
- Nina Sudra, General Manager Canada, Vice;
- Sam Toles, Head of Global Content Acquisitions and Distribution,Vimeo;
- Greg Rubidge, Founder & President, Syndicado;
- John Hadity, Executive VP for GEPF, EP Financial Solutions;
- Brent Bernie, President, ComScore;
- James Milward, Founder/ Executive Producer, The Secret Location;
- Mackenzie Donaldson, Producer and creator of Whatever, Linda, Aberrant Pictures;
- Daniel Bekerman, Producer, Scythia Films;
- Vibika Bianchi, Senior VP, Force Four Entertainment;
“Innovation, entrepreneurship, new opportunities in international and digital markets, and the evolution of legacy media are the primary focuses of Prime Time 2016,” said Reynolds Mastin, President and CEO of CMPA. “We believe we’ve assembled the best minds in the business to explore the complex issues driving our industry and to highlight the opportunities ahead.” Prime Time offers a premium networking experience, amplified by the successful ‘Breakfast With’ initiative for delegates to meet with industry buyers and experts.
Previously announced speakers include Opening Keynote John Penney, Chief Strategy Officer, Starz; along with industry powerhouses Tone C. Rønning, Commissioning Editor Drama and Arts, NRK; Lorenzo De Maio, Agent for Independent & International TV, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment; Rob Kenneally, TV Agent, Creative Artists Agency; Janet Brown, CEO, FilmBuff; Dino Demopoulos, Head of Strategy, Tribal DDB; Jake Norman, Head of Agency Development, Facebook; Kaan Yigit, President, Solutions Research Group; Justin Stockman, VP Business & Channel Strategy, Bell Media; Moyra Rodgers, CEO, Magnify Digital; Barbara Williams, President of Shaw Media and Executive Vice President of Broadcasting; Heather Conway, Executive Vice President, CBC; Jim Kiriakakis, Head of Television and Development, Buck Productions; John Young, Managing Director, Temple Street Productions; Noreen Halpern, President, Halfire-CORE Entertainment, and David Cormican, EVP, Business Development & Production and Partner, Don Carmody Television.
Prime Time 2016 is taking place from February 3 to 5, a month earlier than in past years. Early bird registration is open until December 11, 2015. Visit www.primetimeinottawa.ca for more details.
ABOUT PRIME TIME IN OTTAWA
The CMPA’s Prime Time in Ottawa conference is a national networking event for some 600 of Canada’s most prominent business leaders from the television, interactive media, feature film, broadcasting and telecommunications industries. Visit www.primetimeinottawa.ca for more details.
ABOUT THE CMPA
The Canadian Media Producers Association is the national advocacy organization for independent producers, representing hundreds of companies engaged in the development, production and distribution of English-language content made for television, cinema and digital media channels. We work to promote the continued success of the Canadian production sector and to ensure a bright future for the diverse content made by our members for both domestic and international audiences. cmpa.ca
For more information:
Manager, Media Relations & Communications
Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA)