Eight Canadian producers nominated for the 2016 CMPA Feature Film Producer Awards
Fresh voices and veteran producers make up nominees for eleventh annual event
TORONTO, August 24, 2016—The Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) today announced the nominees for the eleventh annual CMPA Feature Film Producer Awards.
This year the CMPA has expanded its recognition program and will hand out two awards. The Established Producer Award will recognize an experienced producer for their entire body of work; the new Emerging Producer Award will recognize the extraordinary talents of an up-and-coming producer with a bright career ahead.
“The creativity and skill demonstrated by the nominees truly reflects the amazing talents of Canada’s feature film producers,” said Reynolds Mastin, president and CEO, Canadian Media Producers Association. “It’s an exciting time for Canadian cinema, and I am thrilled that the CMPA will now recognize both seasoned veterans of the film industry, as well as emerging creators who are blazing a trail with their new creative visions.”
The winners will be announced at the CMPA Feature Film Producer Awards Reception event at Glenn Gould Studio in Toronto on September 8. The event marks the official opening of the TIFF Industry Program at the 41st annual Toronto International Film Festival.
And the nominees are…
Established Producer Award
- Nicholas de Pencier
- Film at TIFF: Black Code
- Production company: Mercury Films Inc.
- Roger Frappier
- Film at TIFF: Two Lovers and a Bear
- Production company: Max Films
- David Hamilton
- Film at TIFF: Anatomy of Violence
- Production company: Hamilton-Mehta Productions
- Peter Raymont
- Film at TIFF: All Governments Lie: Truth, Deception and the Spirit of I.F. Stone
- Production company: White Pine Pictures
- Nicole Robert
- Film at TIFF: Nelly
- Production company: Go Films
Emerging Producer Award,
- Jonathan Frantz
- Film at TIFF: Maliglutit (Searchers)
- Production company: Kingulliit Productions
- Fanny-Laure Malo
- Film at TIFF: Pays (Boundaries)
- Production company: La Boîte à Fanny
- Hany Ouichou
- Films at TIFF: Ceux qui font les révolutions à moitié n’ont fait que se creuser un tombeau (Those Who Make Revolution Halfway Only Dig Their Own Graves); Prank
- Production company: Art & Essai