Prior to starting your application, please make sure that you have all required information and completed documents at hand, as you cannot save and return to the form to complete at a later time.
Please complete both mentor and mentee applications. During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information and supporting documentation:
- Mentor letter of intent describing why your company is interested in mentoring a trainee, how your company would mentor, and what the mentee would accomplish during the placement with your company. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Mentee letter of intent describing how this placement would help further your career in the screen-based content production industry. Please describe relevant knowledge, experience and interest in screen-based content production. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Mentee resumé.
- Completed workplan, outlining the projects/activities, tasks, skills development objectives and mentoring plan. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Must be a member of the CMPA
- Must be co-applying with a mentee candidate. The CMPA will, on a case-by-case basis, endeavor to pair mentor companies with suitable candidates. This does not guarantee that an application will be successful given the limited number of spots available
- Must contribute a minimum of $6,500 toward the mentee stipend
- Must engage the mentee as an employee and make required payroll deductions
- A mentor applicant cannot be an employer or family member of the mentee with whom they are submitting a joint application
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection
- Must be co-applying with a mentor company. The CMPA will, on a case-by-case basis, endeavor to pair candidates companies with suitable mentor companies. This does not guarantee that an application will be successful given the limited number of spots available
- Must have a post-secondary degree
- Cannot be enrolled in a full-time educational program
- Cannot be in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits during the program
- Cannot be an employee or family member of the mentor company
All personal information provided on this application is protected by federal privacy legislation.
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs