Prior to starting your application, please make sure that you have all required information and completed documents at hand, as you cannot save and return to the form to complete at a later time.
Please complete both mentor and trainee applications, and provide the following supporting documentation:
- Mentor letter of intent describing why your company is interested in mentoring a trainee, how your company would mentor a trainee, and what the trainee would accomplish during the placement with your company.
- Trainee letter of intent describing how this placement would help further your career in marketing and promotion in the screen-based content production industry. Please describe relevant knowledge, experience and interest in screen-based content production.
- Completed work plan (download template).
- Trainee resume.
- Two (2) completed and signed reference forms for trainee from past employers or instructors (download template).
- Completed Youth Employment Strategy Participating Information Form (download).
- Must be a member of the CMPA.
- Cannot have more than 100 employees.
- Must be co-applying with a trainee candidate.
- Must contribute a minimum of $8,450 toward the trainee stipend.
- Must engage the participant as an employee and cover all Mandatory Employment Related Costs.
- A mentor applicant cannot be an employer or family member of the trainee with whom he/she is submitting a joint application.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee status has been conferred.
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection.
- Must be co-applying with a mentor company.
- Must have recently (within two years prior to the start of their internship) completed post-secondary studies.
- Must be unemployed or underemployed (employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employments).
- Cannot be enrolled in a full-time educational program.
- Cannot be an employee or family member of the mentor company.
- Cannot be in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits during the program.
All personal information provided on this application is protected by federal privacy legislation.
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs
Digital Skills for Youth Mentorship Program