Prior to starting your application, please make sure that you have all required information and completed documents at hand, as you cannot save and return to the form to complete at a later time.
Please complete both mentor and mentee applications. During the application process you will be asked to provide the following information and supporting documentation:
- Mentor letter of intent describing why your company is interested in mentoring, how your company would mentor, and what the mentee would accomplish during the placement with your company. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Mentee letter of intent describing how this placement would help overcome barriers, help increase the representation of diverse group you are a member of and further your career in the screen-based content production industry. Please describe relevant knowledge, experience and interest in screen-based content production. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Completed workplan, outlining the projects/activities, tasks, skills development objectives and mentoring plan. You will be asked to paste this letter directly info the form.
- Mentee resumé.
- Two (2) completed and signed reference forms for mentee from past employers or instructors (download template). You will be asked to upload the letters.
- Must be a member of the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA)
- Must be co-applying with a mentee candidate
- Must contribute a minimum of $ 4,000 toward the mentee stipend
- A mentor applicant cannot be an employer or family member of the trainee with whom he/she is submitting a joint application
- Open to candidates who self-identify as being a member of one or more equity-seeking and sovereignty-seeking groups (intersectional candidates are encouraged to apply.)
- Must be a Canadian citizens, permanent resident or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Cannot be an employee or family member of the mentor company
- Must be co-applying with a mentor company
All personal information provided on this application is protected by federal privacy legislation.
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs
CMPA Mentorship Program for Diverse Producers application