Prior to starting your application, please make sure that you have all required information and completed documents at hand, as you cannot save and return to the form to complete at a later time.
Please complete both mentor and trainee applications, and provide the following supporting documentation:
- Mentor letter of intent describing why your company is interested in mentoring a trainee, how your company would mentor a trainee, and what the trainee would accomplish during the placement with your company.
- Trainee letter of intent describing how this placement would help you overcome barriers, help increase the representation of diverse group you are a member of and further your career in the screen-based content production industry. Please describe relevant knowledge, experience and interest in screen-based content production.
- Completed work plan (download template).
- Trainee resumé.
- Two (2) completed and signed reference forms for trainee from past employers or instructors (download template).
- Must be a member of the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA)
- Must be co-applying with a trainee candidate
- Must contribute a minimum of $ 6,600 toward the trainee stipend
- A mentor applicant cannot be an employer or family member of the trainee with whom he/she is submitting a joint application
- Open to candidates who self-identify as being a member of a group that is currently underrepresented and/or faces barriers entering the Canadian screen-based content production industry, including but not limited to women, newcomers to Canada, visible minorities, indigenous and LGBTQ producers and persons with disabilities
- Must be a Canadian citizens, permanent resident or person on whom refugee status has been conferred
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Cannot be an employee or family member of the mentor company
- Must be co-applying with a mentor company
All personal information provided on this application is protected by federal privacy legislation.
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs