Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award application
presented in partnership with:
Please have all your application materials ready before you begin filling out this application form, as it cannot be saved for later editing. The DEADLINE to apply is September 22, 2022 (midnight local time).
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Not ready to submit your application? Go back to the Indiescreen Awards page.
What is needed to apply
- Two print quality photos (producer headshot and production still) to be uploaded through the application form.
- For jury consideration, applicants must provide access to the qualifying film. A link (with password, if applicable) should be included in the application form. If you would like to share the screener through other means, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form.
Please review carefully as the eligibility criteria has changed from last year.
- Applicant(s) must apply with one “qualifying film.” A qualifying film must:
- Be a CAVCO-certified Canadian film (in the case of co-productions, the film must be a majority Canadian production);
- Have premiered or be slated to premiere theatrically, at a film festival or on an online streaming service in the 2022 calendar year; and
- Have a runtime of at least 80 minutes.
- Only the lead producer (or producing team) may apply.
- The qualifying film cannot be submitted more than once, meaning:
- It cannot be submitted in both the established and emerging categories.
- It cannot be resubmitted if it was submitted for the 2021 Indiescreen Awards.
- The applicant producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Emerging Producer Award winners may apply again after three years.
- Producers wishing to apply for the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award must have produced three feature films or fewer over the course of their career. This includes their qualifying film.
- Applicants are not required to be CMPA members.
Selection of nominees and winners
Nominees in both categories will be selected among the applicants by two national juries, each consisting of five industry leaders, and chaired by the previous year’s Indiescreen Award winners.
Following the selection and announcement of the nominees, jury members will again review the producers’ applications along with their submitted qualifying films.
The 2022 Indiescreen Awards winners will be announced at a ceremony held on Friday December 2, 2022 at the Whistler Film Festival. Nominated producers will be strongly encouraged to attend the awards ceremony, in-person in Whistler, BC.
To offset related costs, the CMPA will provide nominees a travel stipend, and the Whistler Film Festival will provide complimentary Premium Industry Passes. Please note, if applying as a producing team, only one pass and travel stipend will be allotted per nominee.