The deadline to submit your application is January 22, 2021
Applications are only accepted via the form on this page.
The program is open to all CMPA members in good standing. Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a project or projects in development that have demonstrated appeal to international audiences
- Participating producers must demonstrate a clear intention and commitment to work on the development of the project at an international level for an 8-week period
- Availability to attend a short online briefing
- Availability to attend initial project online pitch to the CMPA and Creatives Loop International in January (45 min per company)
- Up to a maximum of 3 projects (serialised content, feature film or factual/documentary programming intended for international broadcast in 2021/22)
- A well-developed concept, draft script or synopsis outline
- Commitment of one key producer contact in your company who will be the main contact to Creatives Loop International throughout the 8-week consultancy period. This person must be involved in the development of the project, should be authorised and able to discuss the finance plan, sales strategy, and related materials. There will be continuous dialogue via regular virtual meetings and emails.
The CMPA will work with the consultants to choose up to 14 CMPA members. Producers selected for the delegation will be notified by January 29.
Vice-President, Corporate & International Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 337
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 338
International Roadmap Program
The CMPA is working with Creatives Loop’s International Road Map for Independent Producers program to offer members a tailored strategy to develop and sell their properties in the international marketplace. The consultants are equipped with the latest market intelligence and will be able to help producers identify new markets, platforms and partners and select and prioritize new target markets.
The program, through one on one sessions, roundtables, and individualized coaching, helps with the identification and profiling of decision makers, provides assistance with presentation materials and perfecting pitch delivery, and sets up meetings with broadcasters, buyers, distributors and co-production partners.
The program will be offered to up to 14 producers and will take place over an 8-week period. Participating in this extensive program provides access to international broadcaster, distributors, sales agents, production partners in 29 territories and in all genres.
Read more about their approach here.
What participants get:
- Improved sales development strategy
- Polished visuals, promotional materials and pitch
- New sales and distribution platforms, revenue streams and partners for current and future projects
- Market intelligence to make approaches and organise virtual (and eventual face to face) meetings with international broadcast contacts, independent of industry markets
The cost of participating in this 8-week intensive program is subsidised by the CMPA by funding from Global Affairs through CanExport for Associations. The contributory cost per producer is $1,375. Participation cost will be payable to the CMPA upon selection.