The deadline to submit your application is August 6, 2021, 8:00 pm ET / 5:00 pm PT. We are accepting applications for both the feature film and drama series streams until the deadline stated above.
Applications are only accepted via the form on this page.
Applicants may apply for both the feature film and drama series stream, in two separate applications. Applicants may be selected for only one stream.
- Canadian applicants must be CMPA members in good standing
- International producers must be from countries that have a co-production treaty with Canada. For a list of Canada’s audiovisual coproduction treaties and memorandums of understanding please visit Telefilm Canada’s website
- Must have at least five years of experience in the screen content industry
- Must have at least one producer credit on a feature film and/or at least one producer credit on a series created for a traditional broadcaster or on an OTT platform
- Must have a project in development that is suitable for international co-production
- Feature film project minimum requirement: first draft stage
- Drama series project minimum requirement: first draft bible stage
A Selection Committee will choose a maximum of 16 producers in the feature film stream and 16 producers in the drama series stream. Of the 32 participants, a maximum of 16 CMPA members and 16 international producers will be selected.
- Deadline: August 6, 2021
- Notification: by August 13, 2021
- Feature film stream: October 6 – November 24, 2021
- Drama series stream: January 12 – March 9, 2022
The cost to participate in the program is CAD $1,500 for Canadian producers. This fee is subsidized by Global Affairs through its CanExport for Associations Program. The participation cost for international producers is CAD $2,500. Fees are payable upon the first consultation session.
Vice-President, Corporate & International Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 337
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 338