The deadline to submit your statement of interest is December 13, 2019.
Applications are only accepted via the form on this page and are only open to CMPA members in good standing who meet the below eligiblity criteria.
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
A total of up to 15 emerging producers will be invited to join the delegation. Applicants must have produced at least one but no more than five productions, with a maximum of two feature films. Applicants must also satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a film in the festival (can be short work). Deadline for feature film submissions is November 8, 2019 and November 15, 2019 for shorts
- Be accepted to Berlinale Talents.
- Be accepted to Junior Entertainment Talent Slate (JETS). Deadline to apply: December 2, 2019. Download the call for submissions here
- Have a feature film in development for which they are actively seeking international co-production partners or foreign investors
- Have a recently completed feature film for which they are seeking a distributor
- Have not participated in a film festival or market outside of Canada
A Selection Committee will choose up to 15 CMPA members. Producers selected for the delegation will be notified by December 20.
Vice-President, Corporate & International Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 337
Director, Development & Corporate Affairs
1-800-686-7440 ext. 338
CMPA Emerging Producer Mission to Berlinale 2020
Up to 15 emerging producers will be invited to join the CMPA delegation travelling to Berlinale 2020 from February 18-26, 2020, inclusive of travel days. The purpose of this initiative is to create co-production, financing and sales opportunities for emerging CMPA members.
In addition to attending the events, selected participants will participate in activities organized specifically for the delegation with local and international producers, financiers and buyers. All activities will focus on providing emerging producers with a competitive advantage by helping them gain access to market intelligence and contacts that otherwise would be out of reach. The programming will support the needs of emerging producers who are looking to engage with international partners, with a focus on Europe. Being part of the delegation will create opportunities to gather information, network, find buyers and co-production partners.
Financial assistance of up to $4,005.00 CDN or 75% of real costs (whichever amount is less) will be available to help offset a portion of travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses.