Canada-UK Business Development Day
The CMPA, in partnership with Pact and with support from The High Commission of Canada, invites Canadian producers for a day-long business development and networking event.
Date and location
December 2, 2019, 10 AM to 5 PM
Battlebridge Room at King’s Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG, United Kingdom
10:00 – 10:15 – Welcome
10:15 – 11:00 – Drama – what next?
A look into ways of exploiting scripted IP and how to reach new audiences and attract new revenues.
- Sarah Asante, Commissioner, BBC Comedy
- Nate Camponi, Owner, Hellfire TV
- Virginia Rankin, SVP/Executive Producer, Sphere Media Plus
- Barry Ryan, MD/Creative Director, Free@Last TV
Moderated by: Dawn McCarthy-Simpson, Managing Director of Business Development & Global Strategy, Pact
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:00 – Scripted factual content
The popularity of scripted factual content is growing and attracting the big bucks. The UK is a leader in this genre and they continue to ramp up their teams to take advantage of the demands from global networks.
- Steve Warr , CEO, Rawcut TV
- Gina Marsh, Production Executive, Sister Pictures
- Sebastian Peiter, Executive Producer, Urban Canyons
- Lisa Gilchrist, Freelance Producer
Moderated by: Danny Fenton, CEO, Zig Zag Productions
12:00 – 13:00 UK drama – why the world loves British dramas
- Alex Jones , Joint Managing Director, Red Planet
- Maartje Horchener, EVP Content, all3media
- Caroline Torrence, Head of Scripted, Banijay Rights
- Donald Taffner, President, DLT Entertainment
Moderated by: Dominic Schreiber, Global Drama Executive, Reel One International Limited
13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch
14:00 – 15:30 Business to business meetings
15:30 – 17:00 Networking reception
Registration has now closed. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sarolta Csete.