Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award application
Please have all your application materials ready before you begin filling out this application form, as it cannot be saved for later editing. The application deadline is December 7, at 12 pm ET.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Not ready to submit your application? Go back to the Indiescreen Awards page.
What is needed to apply
- Two print quality photos (producer headshot and production still) to be uploaded through the application form.
- For jury consideration, applicants must provide access to the qualifying film. A link (with password, if applicable) should be included in the application form. If you would like to share the screener through other means, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form.
- Applicant(s) must apply with one “qualifying film.” A qualifying film must:
- Be a CAVCO-certified Canadian film (in the case of co-productions, the film must be a majority Canadian production);
- Have premiered in a film festival or on an online streaming service in the 2020 calendar year; and
- Have a runtime of at least 60 minutes.
- Only the lead producer (or producing team) may apply.
- A film cannot be submitted more than once, meaning it cannot be submitted in both the established and emerging categories.
- The applicant producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Producers wishing to apply for the Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award must have produced two feature films or fewer over the course of their career. This includes their qualifying film.
- Previous winners of the Emerging Producer Award winners may only apply again after three years.
- Applicants are not required to be CMPA members.
Selection of nominees and winners
The Established Producer Award and Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award winners will be selected by two separate national juries each consisting of five industry leaders, each chaired by the previous year’s award winner, when available.
The winners will be announced at the next edition of the CMPA’s annual conference, Prime Time Online, taking place from January 28 to February 10, 2021.