Music and the Filmmaker: Partners in Storytelling
Oct 29, 2019
Whether music is the source of inspiration or the element that turns moving pictures into a transcendental experience, music and visual storytelling are essential partners. The evening’s panel and reception is a must-attend for Canadian creative entrepreneurs looking to build innovative opportunities through the pairing of music with film and television production. Come and hear dynamic discussions focused on inspiring songwriting, filmmaking and storytelling talent and discover how music publishers and independent labels can be valuable collaborators to the filmmaker early in the process.
The award-winning panel includes:
· Jeff Barnaby — Director, Screenwriter, Composer, Blood Quantum; Rhymes for Young Ghouls
· Daniel Roher — Director, Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band; Ghosts of our Forest
· Joanne Sarazen — Screenwriter & Playwright, Tammy’s Always Dying
· Rich Brisson — Sync / Licensing Manager, Cadence Music Group
· John Rowley – Composer, Music Supervisor for film, television and digital media
· Sarah Slean (moderator) — Singer-Songwriter, Composer & Actor
With a special performance by singer-songwriter & musician, Alexandra Petkovski AKA FJØRA
Panel, Performance, Cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres.
5:00 – 7:30 PM
TIFF Bell Lightbox
Cinema 3, 2nd Floor followed by a reception in the Founder’s Lounge
Reitman Square, 350 King Street West