DM@X Conference - 2023
Jan 20, 2023 – Jan 21, 2023
An annual conference of interest to all students and professionals in digital media. The ninth annual DM@X Conference will be a National Two-Day ZOOM Conference! It will take place on Friday and Saturday, January 20-21, 2023, from 12 noon to 5 pm (EST) each day.
Over the two-day conference, over a dozen different topics will be discussed. Major sessions will focus on the following topics:
– Regulating Streaming Services with the CRTC under New Management
– Social Media: New Challenges and Opportunities
– Online Harm: Can New Legislation Address This?
– Role and Budget of Public Broadcasting
– Requiring Google and Meta to Support Canadian News Media
– Revenue Projections for the Digital Media Universe
There will also be sessions devoted to competition policy, the role and impact of algorithms, and the definition of Canadian content.
CMPA members receive a discounted registration rate of $22 (regularly priced at $39). To access this discount, click here.