Digital Media at the Crossroads - 2022
Jan 21, 2022 – Jan 22, 2022
An annual conference of interest to all students and professionals in digital media. The eighth annual DM@X Conference will be a National Two-Day ZOOM Conference! It will take place on Friday and Saturday, January 21-22, 2022, from 12 noon to 5 pm (EST) each day.
Over the two-day conference, over ten topics will be discussed. Major sessions will focus on the following topics:
– Regulating Streaming Services and the Role of the CRTC
– Addressing Online Harm and Fake News: What Are the Options?
– Support for Canadian News from Digital Platforms: New Developments
– The Challenge for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Canadian Content
– Revenue Projections for the Digital Media Universe: A Comprehensive Forecast
There will also be sessions devoted to new payment technologies, immersive media, internet piracy, podcasts and video game production.
Registration will be necessary through Eventbrite. The regular registration fee will be $39. However, members and employees of the educational or creative sponsor organizations will have a special rate of $19. And digital media students will be able to benefit from an even lower rate of only $9.