Established Producer Award application
Please have all your application materials ready before you begin filling out this application form, as it cannot be saved for later editing. The application deadline is December 9, at 12:00 pm ET / 9:00 am PT.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not ready to submit your application? Go back to the Indiescreen Awards page.
What is needed to apply
- Two print quality photos (producer headshot and production still) to be uploaded through the application form.
- For jury consideration, applicants must provide access to the qualifying film. A link (with password, if applicable) should be included in the application form. If you would like to share the screener through other means, email us at email@example.com.
- Established Producer Award applicants may also submit second screener for a previous film that they believe, taken with their qualifying film, helps illustrate the breadth of their body of work. The submission of a second film, however, is not required.
- Completed application form.
- Applicant(s) must apply with one “qualifying film.” A qualifying film must:
- Be a CAVCO-certified Canadian film (in the case of co-productions, the film must be a majority Canadian production);
- Have premiered in a film festival or on an online streaming service in the 2021 calendar year; and
- Have a runtime of at least 60 minutes.
- Only the lead producer (or producing team) may apply.
- A film cannot be submitted more than once, meaning it cannot be submitted in both the established and emerging categories.
- The applicant producer(s) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Producers wishing to apply for the Established Producer Award as a team must have produced at least three feature films over the course of their career. This includes their qualifying film.
- In the event that a producing team wishes to apply together, the team must have made at least three features films together. Otherwise, the team must choose one producer to submit an application as lead producer.
- Previous winners of the Established Producer Award (or the CMPA Feature Film Producer Award) are welcome to reapply five years after their award win. Emerging Producer Award winners may apply again after three years.
- Applicants are not required to be CMPA members.
Applying as a team
The jury will review and judge applicants in the established category based on their body of work as a producer, and not just on their qualifying film. Therefore any group of producers that wish to apply jointly for the established category must have a sufficient body of projects that were produced together by the same group of applicants. Accordingly, in the event that there is more than one lead producer on a film, that pair (or group) of producers is eligible to jointly enter the established category if those producing partners have made at least three (3) feature films together, including their qualifying film. If they have not, the team must choose one producer to enter and that producer will apply based on their credits.
Selection of nominees and winners
The Established Producer Award and Kevin Tierney Emerging Producer Award winners will be selected by two separate national juries each consisting of five industry leaders, each chaired by the previous year’s award winner, when available.
The winners will be announced at the next edition of the CMPA’s annual conference, Prime Time 2022, taking place from February 3 to 11, 2022.