Administrative Coordinator – BC Producers Branch
REPORTS TO: Managing Vice-President, BC Producers Branch
Full-time permanent position based in Vancouver, BC. (Remote work-from-home until COVID restrictions lifted.)
Deadline: May 14, 2021 at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT
The BC Producers Branch of the CMPA works on behalf of more than 120 British Columbia companies engaged in the production and distribution of television, feature film, and digital media content. It promotes the interests of its members with all levels of government; negotiates and manages labour agreements with the provinces guilds and unions; and undertakes a variety of industry and export development initiatives to build the capacity of BC-based companies. CMPA-BC is a provincial branch of the Canadian Media Producers Association.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This position engages with all areas of the BC Producers Branch, delivering administrative support, internally for the office and staff, plus externally with members and programs. Details are found below.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Reception & Coordination
- Answering general call queries & directing or answering general emails.
- Ordering stationary/supplies and couriering to remote offices, if needed.
- Ensuring office has required cleaning and sanitization supplies.
- Ad hoc organizing of committee/staff requirements – gifts, supplies etc.
- COVID specific: Scheduling with deliveries and contractors to access to the office; forwarding 3rd party mail on a regular basis; updating and maintaining office safety protocol.
- Inputting to CRM Production Notices and information on current productions.
- Monitoring and inputting BC Voluntary Recognition Agreements (VRAs) redirected from National office.
- Adding archival information, as needed.
- Pulling requested reports, as needed.
- Updating and maintaining shared member list and new member roundup for Branch Council.
- Assisting with training and development events (both online and in person) – application forms, attendee scheduling etc.
- Assisting with member queries – answering or redirecting – generally on membership, events or IR issues.
- Arranging new member meetings & updating information sheets.
- Engaging with members on committee business – scheduling, gathering materials, etc.
- Processing and issuing permittee membership applications.
- Deliver on strategy to maintain and grow impact of CMPA-BC social media channels.
- Creating and sending BC Notes to Members via MailChimp.
- Connecting with National on overlapping communications – items for Member Matters etc.
- Updating and editing communications materials (i.e. Government Relations handout) or engaging with external designers.
- Assisting with ad hoc member focused initiatives (i.e. Project Playlist and BC Member Catalogue).
- Supporting the Managing Vice-President with research, communications, and scheduling.
- Supporting full team with administrative functions, as needed.
- Minute taking for both internal meetings and Board committee meetings.
- At least one year of professional work experience, preferably in an office setting.
- A post-secondary certificate or diploma.
- Technical expertise relating to Microsoft Office, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and social media platforms.
- Excellent research and written communication skills.
- Organizational acumen.
- Positive, cooperative nature.
- Film and television industry experience an asset.
The CMPA is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our organization and in our work. We welcome all applicants, and in particular applicants in equity-seeking groups.
Accommodation is available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email on or before May 14, 2021 at 8 pm ET / 5 pm PT to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application, Administrative Coordinator.