Creative Industries Trade Mission to Dubai
Nov 23, 2021
The Department of Canadian Heritage is pleased to announce a Creative Industries Trade Mission to Dubai, which will occur from February 7 to 9, 2022. This mission, organized in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada, through the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service, will focus on the audiovisual and the interactive and digital media sectors.
Through this trade mission, Canadian Heritage will endeavor to:
– take advantage of the regional and global audience at Expo Dubai to facilitate entry into international markets for Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the creative sector, who are export-ready and demonstrate high potential for success in and beyond the UAE market
– leverage and amplify opportunities stemming from the presence of the Canada Pavilion at Expo Dubai, to bring attention to Canadian creative industries and foster networking opportunities for both businesses and government stakeholders
– provide an opportunity for Canadian SMEs in the creative sector, interested in entering the UAE market, to find buyers/partners and expand their business network, as well as increase visibility and raise the profile of companies already present in the UAE
– establish and develop relationships with government counterparts at and on the margins of Expo Dubai to promote the expertise and quality of Canadian creative industries and present Canada as a partner of choice
The sectors targeted for this trade mission are:
– audiovisual (film, television, animation, etc.)
– interactive and digital media, including digital arts and exhibitions, immersive experiences, video games, augmented reality – AR / virtual reality – VR.
Who should participate?
This trade mission is aimed at Canadian creative companies working in the targeted sectors mentioned above, who demonstrate a high export potential, and who wish to benefit from a government-led trade mission to increase their visibility and expand their network in the UAE market by meeting and initiating deals with key industry players, potential buyers, investors and/or partners.
Note: There are no registration fees to participate in this mission, however, delegates are responsible for their travel costs and expenses. Canadian Heritage covers fees related to all components of the business program (B2B meetings / matchmaking, networking receptions, local transportation, site visits, translation/interpretation where applicable). Confirmed participants will be expected to make their own travel arrangements using identified hotel reservation blocks.
The program will provide Canadian business delegates with:
– information sessions on the UAE market and business environment
– business-to-business (B2B) meetings
– site visits in the creative sector
– a networking event at the Canada Pavilion at Expo Dubai
The business delegation will comprise representatives of companies that will have been selected according to the following criteria:
– companies/organizations active in 1 of the above-mentioned target sectors
– companies/organizations that target the UAE (or Middle East and North Africa [MENA] region) as part of their international business strategy, either with the aim of exporting or establishing a presence there
– companies/organizations that have not yet entered this market, but have a keen interest in it and are ready to export, and that would benefit from the services/guidance of the Trade Commissioner Service, as well as companies that are well established and have success in the UAE
– companies/organizations that are already in negotiations with companies from the UAE, and that could benefit from a trade mission led by the Government of Canada to advance negotiations or conclude trade agreements
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating in this trade mission, please submit your application using the attached application form by November 23, 2021, via: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can expect to be notified of their selection by December 3, 2021.