The Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) has established objectives that guide the association's strategic and operational direction:
- To promote and stimulate the creation of entrepreneurial film, television and interactive media productions in Canada;
- To represent and promote the interests of independent film, television, and interactive media producers in Canada with industry stakeholders such as federal and provincial governments, the media, investors, exhibitors, distributors and the public;
- To create an environment that promotes a diversity of expression and protects the rights of Canadian producers in Canada and abroad;
- To encourage a stable and coherent economic environment for producers in Canada and abroad;
- To foster labour harmony in the production sector and negotiate agreements on behalf of the CMPA's members with appropriate associations, unions and guilds;
- To contribute to the training and development of a skilled production industry work force;
- To enhance international market opportunities and partnerships for Canadian film, television and interactive media producers;
- To provide a high level of service that respects the needs of CMPA members;
- To recognize excellence, and to hold trade forums, conferences, work-shops and produce and distribute industry information to promote the advancement of the Canadian production industry; and
- To carry on other activities and research relating to the above objects that, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, may advance the interests of the members of the CMPA.
Read more about our By-laws.
Vice-President, Corporate & International Affairs
1-613-688-0950 / 1-800-656-7440 x337