The B.C. Producers Branch (BC Branch) of the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) has its own by-laws and has established its own objectives that guide the strategic and operational direction of the B.C. Branch.
- To manage its own affairs through a Branch Council which shall be elected by voting members in good standing of the CMPA National Organization and whose principal place of business is in British Columbia (the B.C. Members),
- To negotiate agreements pertaining to rates of pay, hours of work and other conditions of employment/engagement on behalf of B.C. Members and with other associations, guilds and unions active in the film and television industry in British Columbia,
- To represent the interests of the British Columbia film and television producers with the government, public, press, theatrical exhibitors, broadcasters and financial institutions,
- To promote professional ethical standards in the production of film and television programming in British Columbia,
- To produce and distribute information to B. C. Members on subjects and themes relating to the purposes of the Branch,
- To hold conferences, seminars and workshops in British Columbia relating to the advancement of the above purposes,
- To carry on other activities in British Columbia, in consultation with the Board of Directors of the CMPA National Organization, to advance the interests of the B.C. Members, and
- To liaise, recommend and consult to and with the CMPA National Organization on all issues.